Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Install Error
http://windows.microsoft.com/e.....pack-2-sp2 Read this and try again. It will say "installation successful", but it never really gets installed? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791 Reports: · Posted 3 years ago Top alamiss Posts: 76 This post has been reported. I checked computer properties and SP1 and SP 2 are not installed. navigate to this website
I reformatted this disc a couple of weeks ago, and everything looks great except for this hang up. Ray Reports: · Posted 3 years ago Top warlock Posts: 4100 This post has been reported. I've downloaded and installed it several times (it shows successful installation and shows in update hisory), but does not show in installed updates. Ray Reports: · Posted 3 years ago Top raphoenix Posts: 14920 This post has been reported. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-update/cant-install-vista-service-pack-2/e50a29ee-410b-45dc-82be-cfeb07062fab
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Won't Install
Thanks I've downloaded and installed about 6 times. FOLLOW US Twitter Facebook Google+ RSS Feed Disclaimer: Most of the pages on the internet include affiliate links, including some on this site. Edit: might take longer to install than you think it should.
- I never tried using System Restore, so it might be worth a shot.
- In registry go to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE\Parameters\Policy\Persistent 4.
- Proposed as answer by Mike6974 Sunday, October 30, 2011 7:17 AM Unproposed as answer by Mike6974 Sunday, October 30, 2011 7:19 AM Proposed as answer by rtaylor82 Thursday, March 29, 2012
- from that description do you know the answer?
- In the meantime, the users had been forced to use static IPs on those stations as a workaround -- a real pain since many were laptops they traveled with.
- what is "depending services" - how do I fix? 0 LVL 21 Overall: Level 21 Windows 7 15 Message Expert Comment by:ivanoviola2010-04-25 While logged in as Administrator can you try
How-To Geek Articles l l Subscribe l l FOLLOW US TWITTER GOOGLE+ FACEBOOK GET UPDATES BY EMAIL Enter your email below to RSS ALL ARTICLES FEATURES ONLY TRIVIA Search The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista (Solved) - Can't Install Vista Service Pack 1 (5 Do I need SP1 and SP2 to get IE 9? Windows Vista Will Not Update Thanks Ray Reports: · Posted 3 years ago Top Topic Closed This topic has been closed to new replies.
Reports: · Posted 3 years ago Top alamiss Posts: 76 This post has been reported. Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Will Not Install I'm trying to get to IE 9. Followed links to use Windows Update Readiness Tool again, run a Windows Validation (O.K.), and downloaded a standalone version of Windows Vista SP1. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13858/windows-vista-service-pack-2-install Copyright © 2006-2016 How-To Geek, LLC All Rights Reserved